Well, when Jill challenged me to go for the whole of January without wine, my first thought was "Don't be ridiculous". My second thought was "Don't be ridiculous" but when I realised she actually meant it, I decided I may as well do it for a good cause so I am going to attempt the impossible (or, certainly, improbable) and go for thirty one consecutive days senza vino as well as sans vin.
So, if you've already bought the presents, now's your chance to feel really good by
making a donation to Cancer Relief via my brand new Just Giving page.
Don't forget to GiftAid your donation so Osborne has to stump up his share
And finally, you will able to follow my efforts here on my blog (http://bigredwine.blogspot.co.uk/)
which, hitherto, has extolled the virtues of some big red wines but, for January
2014, will be dedicated to my struggle to "do the right thing".
Merry Christmas everyone and a Happy New Year!
Thursday, 5 December 2013
We have two Christmas tastings every year: one here and one in Norwich. Very different crowds but the selection of wines is more or less the same for both so it is interesting to see what goes down well at each event. The line up for this Saturday is as follows:
1. PROSECCO Grandi e Gabana
2. CHAMPAGNE 1er Cru Michel Rocourt 'Blanc des Blancs'
3. SAUVIGNON BLANC Moulin de Gassac, VDP de l'Hérault 2012
4. PINOT GRIGIO Grandi e Gabana, Latisano 2012 'Terre d'Argilla'
5. CAIRANNE-CÔTES DU RHÔNE VILLAGES Domaine Brusset 2012 'Les Travers'
6. CÔTES DU RHÔNE Raymond Usseglio 2012 'Les Claux'
7. GIVRY Domaine Joblot 2010 'En Veau'
8. BARBERA D'ASTI Cascina Saria 2011 'Convento'
9. BARBERA D'ASTI Cascina Saria 2010 'San Lorenzo'
10. LANGHE NEBBIOLO Cascina Saria 2010 'Riddolina'
11. GRENACHE Domaine de Cristia 2010 'Vieilles Vignes'
12. CÔTES DU RHÔNE Domaine Grand Veneur 2010
13. SIGNARGUES-COTES DU RHÔNE VILLAGES Domaine de la Charité 2010 'Cayenne'
14. PRIMITIVO DI MANDURIA Sampietrana 2009 'Carlone'
15. RIOJA CRIANZA Miguel Angel Muro, 2009
16. BORDEAUX SUPÉRIEUR Château Teyssier 2006 'Pezat'
17. CHÂTEAUNEUF-DU-PAPE Raymond Usseglio 2007
18. CÔTES DU RHÔNE Christophe Coste 2007 'Les Ombres' SYRAH
19. RASTEAU Domaine des Côteaux des Travers 2007
20. RASTEAU RANCIO Domaine Bressy-Masson